Thursday 17 August 2006

Day 8


Guess what...
My eighth day with my fractured ankle and I have a new nemesis. I prayed all day that when they cut off my old nemesis they would look and say "looks good, healing nicely", and would just wrap it with a tensor bandage. But when they removed it, my foot was now swollen as well as my ankle. And talk about black and blue, the whole right side of my foot was bruised along with my ankle and achilles area (Too bad I couldn't take a picture as phones cannot be used in hospitals). They put on a new cast but this time it's not a temporary one, but a permanent, full cast. With any luck I'll be able to put weight on my ankle in a week and even walk on the cast within 2. Anyways, I asked the Doctor what my chances are for golfing this summer and he told me it's going to be a looong winter. It figures, brand new irons and a driver and I have to wait until next spring. The guys at work are going once a week now and I even have to miss our work tournament (although I'll still attend and drink through all 9 holes). My priority one goal now is to try and get this thing to heal so I can possibly golf by the end of september, 6 weeks away.
Ahhhh, whatever f**k.

No comments: