Tuesday 15 August 2006

Day 6

One day short of a week with my nemesis. It's itchy as hell and I think my foot is getting raunchy. Speaking of raunchy, I just took a shower today with a garbage bag over the cast. It works pretty good but it's so time consuming that I'm taking them in the evening, otherwise I'll have to get up at 5 in the morning to make it to work on time. When I'm walking with my crutches, I can't carry anything, which is very troublesome. Try going down the stairs with a cup of coffee in your hands, this takes great skill. At work I've been using the wheelchair quite a bit as anything I do I seem to be carrying something, such as papers or files (or my coffee).
Driving to work, though, is quite fun. Driving to work is also a work in progress as I may need to brake suddenly and with the tenderness of my foot, I've had to adapt to using one foot on the brake and one on the gas, which leaves me with this Sammy Hagar song in my head.

One foot on the brake and one on the gas, hey!
Well, there's too much traffic, I can't pass, no!
So I tried my best illegal move
Well, baby, black and white come and touched my groove again!
Gonna write me up a 125
Post my face wanted dead or alive
Take my license, all that jive
I can't drive 55!

No comments: