Sunday 13 August 2006

Day 4

Today is the fourth day with my nemesis. It's both painful and tiresome to get around. Painful because of the chafing on my arm and underarm as well as putting all the weight on my left leg for long periods at a time. Tiresome because my body isn't used to this kind of activity, like using my upperbody to do all the work. We took Kira for a walk to the school yard and after every 5 minutes I was getting pooped. Karen wanted me to go to Walmart with her today but I didn't think I could last hobbling through the monster store. I was then given the opportunity to use a wheelchair or even the electric scooter. I told her "NO WAY". I'll be just like them crotchety old folks who ram into everything and everyone. I'll stick to being a "shut in".
I tested my driving skills with the truck today and had no problem other then getting into it. Luckily I mounted steps on it when it was purchased. This means I get to go to work, albeit light duties, and sit on my fat arse all day. There's an emergency wheel chair there so I'm going to use it to motor around, especially to go pee, which is a long ways away from my desk. Stay tuned for more exciting news after a few days at work!

No comments: