Friday 11 August 2006

Day 2

Well it's day 2 of me and my nemesis, the cast. I'm getting kinda raunchy so I'm going to try and give myself a sponge bath and wash my greasy hair before Karen gets home for dinner. Kira rarely comes to see me as she's scared of the crutches and all the thumping I do when I hop around the house. In total today she spent 2 hours with me then took off outside. I then decided to read my book and get some sun with her and she left me on the deck by myself. What a yancha girl!
Mobility is a problem. The hardest thing for me is getting up and down the stairs. Try carrying simple things like a coffee, an apple or my book with crutches up and down the stairs. It's like an olympic event. Even cooking and cleaning is hard, as I can only stand on 1 foot and I can't seem to use the crutches while I attempt these things. I don't think Karen is impressed with the state of the kitchen as it looks like a tornado came through. At least I have dinner ready for her like a good Mr. Mom. Tomorrow I might attempt to drive the truck. I don't think it will be a problem, but the tricky part will be getting in.

No comments: