Sunday 27 August 2006

Day 18

It's been a week since my last post and I have to say that there have been some improvements in my condition. Yesterday was the first day that I could walk on my foot using only a single crutch. I borrowed my favorite Mom-in-law's cane for the next evolution in my healing. The only pain I'm suffering now is two-fold.
First, my heal is now blistered from the friction of the cast. The blister, along with the liquid therein, is buried deep below many layers of thick calloused skin, so I doubt that it will burst. This is a good thing as I wouldn't be able to clean it, which means I am less likely to become both infected or produce a foul odor.
Secondly, the top of my foot just below where my toes are, is a long bruise which has occured from the cast as I walk. As my toes bend at every step, the edge of the cast digs into my flesh. Karen remedied the situation by using a piece of foam to pad the cast.
The only other pain comes if I walk on my foot with it turned to the right. In other words, if my toes aren't facing forward as I take a step I can feel the bone twisting and puting pressure on the fracture.
I can only hope that when I see the doctor again this Thursday that I will have good news. I'm still determined to golf again this year, maybe even at my work tournament in 3 weeks.

No comments: